BMW 3 Series E30
since 1983-1994 release
Repair and operation of the car
+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance
- 3. Engine
+ 3.1.2. Specifications
+ 3.2. Dismantle and capital repairs of the engine
- 3.3. Engine electric equipment
3.3.3. The battery - launch of the engine in emergency situations
3.3.4. Removal and installation of the battery
3.3.5. Power cables
+ 3.3.6. System of ignition
- 3.3.7. System of a charge of the battery
18.104.22.168. Check of system of a charge of the battery
22.214.171.124. Tension regulator
+ 3.3.8. System of launch of the engine
3.3.9. Malfunctions of the generator
3.3.10. Main malfunctions of electric equipment
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. Exhaust system
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. Running gear
+ 12. Body
+ 13. Electric equipment
+ 14. Useful tips
System of a charge of the battery
On the considered cars systems of a charge of 2 types are installed – Bosch and Motorola with rated current 65, 80 and 90 A. Regulyator of tension is mounted on the generator. In system of a charge Bosch the regulator of tension can be removed from the generator.
The drive of the generator is carried out from a belt with wedge-shaped section. Generators are mounted on the left side of the engine irrespective of model.
Periodic care of system of a charge comes down to care of the battery and check of a tension of a belt. Frequency of survey – through a kazhdva of 500 km or weekly (depending on what will come earlier).
The control lamp of charge / inclusion of ignition on the dashboard lights up at inclusion of ignition and after launch of the engine dies away. If the lamp does not die away after launch of the engine, then in a chain of a charge is faulty. Some cars are equipped with the voltmeter. If the voltmeter shows very high or very low voltage, then the chain of a charge needs check (see subsection 126.96.36.199).
On cars till 1986 fire of a control lamp indicates that the charge of the battery stops (the lamp is included parallel to a charge chain wire). Since 1987 the control lamp of a charge is included parallel to the wire resistor and dies away at break of a chain of a charge.
1) At connection of the battery with the generator always observe polarity of connection.
2) Before repair of any site of the car electric welding disconnect wires from the generator and from a battery pole.
3) It is forbidden to start the engine at the connected charger.
4) It is forbidden to disconnect cables from poles of the battery or generator on the working engine.
5) The generator is attached directly to the battery therefore at a zakorachivaniye of conclusions of the generator, or at its overload, formation of an arch and the fire is possible.
6) Before washing of the engine cover the generator with a polyethylene film.